On this site, you will see job announcements and miscellaneaous at irregular intervals as they were published before in the latest ECSR Newsletter.
Generally, the ECSR Newsletter is scheduled to be published around the 10th of a month.
Jobs and Positions
- Senior Lecturer in Sociology, Stockholm University, Sweden
- PhD Researcher Scholarship (4 years, full time) at the Sociodemography Research Group (DEMOSOC), Pompeu Fabra University, Barcelona, Spain
- Doctoral research associate, Leibniz Institute for Educational Trajectories, Bamberg, Germany
- One or two Associate Professor(s) of sociology, University of Oslo, Norway
- Tenure-Track Faculty position, Department of Sociology and Anthropology, Tel Aviv University, Israel
Call for Papers
- MUNI Award in Science and Humanities, Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic
- EUROMOD-HHoT Winter School, 16-19 January 2018, University of Antwerp, Belgium
- IRVAPP Winter School 2018 – Advanced Methods for Impact Evaluation, 10-12 January 2018, Trento, Italy
- ISA-RC45 Best Student Paper Award, 2018 Edition
Jobs and Positions
For detailed information see www.su.se/english/about/working-at-su/jobs?rmlang=UK&rmpage=job&rmjob=3883.
Closing date: 17 October 2017.
– PhD Researcher Scholarship (4 years, full time) at the Sociodemography Research Group (DEMOSOC), Pompeu Fabra University, Barcelona, Spain
See job offer here.
Deadline is 18 October 2017.
For detailed information see www.lifbi.de/en-us/career.aspx?udt_12477_param_detail=11525.
Deadline is 22 October 2017.
For detailed information see www.jobbnorge.no/ledige-stillinger/stilling/141739/associate-professors-of-sociology.
Deadline: 7 November 2017.
– Tenure-Track Faculty position, Department of Sociology and Anthropology, Tel Aviv University, Israel
Deadline is 1 December 2017.
Call for Papers
The Award holder will be offered a tenure-track professorship with the budget of 1,150,000 $ for the period of 5 years, laboratory and office space and access to the state-of-the-art research equipment. Applicants working in the field of population studies and/or social inequality are encouraged to apply.
Details about MUNI Award in Science and Humanities and application procedure are available at: https://gamu.muni.cz/en/mash.
Deadline is 3 November 2017.
The aim of the winter school is to provide academics, policy practitioners and other interested users with an introduction to the concepts, structure and functioning of HHoT and EUROMOD. EUROMOD is a state-of-the-art tax-benefit microsimulation model linking micro-data from household surveys and policy legislation in a single user interface. HHoT or the Hypothetical Household Tool is a tool for the simulation of hypothetical families, based on EUROMOD. EUROMOD simulates the different components of a households disposable income for a given year and country. HHoT generates a dataset that EUROMOD will apply for policy simulations, instead of using a regular micro data file.
Deadline for applications: 15 November 2017.
– IRVAPP Winter School 2018 – Advanced Methods for Impact Evaluation, 10-12 January 2018, Trento, Italy
The school will focus on methods for the estimation of policy effects with endogenous participation and is designed to be particularly beneficial to graduate students and researchers with a high level of proficiency in applied policy evaluation and quantitative micro econometrics and sociology.
Deadline for registration is 10 December 2017.
Submission deadline is 28 February 2018.